Get Help Now!  (312) 655-7700
  Do You Need Rent, SNAP or Utility Assistance?

Immigration/Naturalization Services

 English    En Español

Service for Immigrants - Fact Sheet - English.pdf

Service for Immigrants - Fact Sheet - Spanish.pdf

DACA Announcement/Informacion de DACA:


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has resume accepting DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) renewal applications beginning January 13, 2018. This policy change is in response to the January 9 injunction by a U.S. district court in San Francisco requiring the federal government to resume accepting DACA renewal applications. 

You should know the following:

• USCIS is now accepting certain DACA renewal applications. If your DACA expired on or after September 5, 2016, you may complete a DACA renewal application. This means you must fill out the latest versions of Form I-821D, Form I-765, and Form I-765WS. 

• If your DACA expired before September 5, 2016, you must reapply by filing your application as a first-timer rather than as a renewal. All applicants, whether filing as first-timers or as renewal must include the date their DACA expired or will expire on Part 1 of the Form I-821D.

• USCIS will not be accepting new DACA applications from people who haven’t applied for DACA in the past.

• USCIS will not accept or approve any advance parole requests from DACA recipients.

• We do not know how long USCIS will continue to accept DACA renewal applications. The Trump administration stated that it plans to “vigorously” challenge the district court’s decision. This means that the window of time available for submitting your DACA renewal application is uncertain. If you fulfill the requirements mentioned above, you should assess whether to apply immediately.

WARNING: To request legal advice, please do not take advice from a notary public. If you are considering applying for a renewal, contact only an immigration attorney or a Department of Justice (DOJ) accredited representative.

Frequently Asked Questions:

When should I apply to renew my DACA?

If your DACA will expire within the next 180 days, we recommend to consider filing to renew your DACA. Keep in mind that you run the risk of your application being either rejected, held for several months before being adjudicated, or granted an extension for less than two full years.

What should I do to prepare to apply to renew DACA?

• You must consider the possibility that the order requiring USCIS to accept applications may be appealed by the government before or even while your application is pending and you may risk losing the $495 fee.

• If you have been arrested, or been criminally charged or convicted since initially receiving DACA, or any past renewal application, you must speak to an immigration attorney or a DOJ accredited representative prior to applying, because given changes in who is considered an “immigration enforcement priority,” the risks associated with applying may be different if you have had interactions with law enforcement.

• When completing your renewal DACA application, it is important to be consistent with the information provided in your initial application and any past renewal applications. Always keep a copy of the application before you submit it.

How do I apply to renew my DACA

If your DACA expired on or after September 5, 2016, you may submit a DACA renewal application. To file a renewal application, you must fill out and submit these forms: 

• I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
• I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and Form 
• I-765WS Worksheet. 
• Copy of the front and back of your last employment authorization document;
• Two passport-type photographs taken within 30 days of filing your renewal application.

NOTE: Make sure to use the latest edition of each form to avoid any delays in the processing of your application.

What is the fee for the DACA renewal application?

The fee is $495. 

My last renewal application was rejected because I did not meet the October 5, 2017, deadline. Can I still apply to renew?

YES. You can apply for renewal.

How long will it take USCIS to process my DACA renewal application?

We do not know.

Know Your Rights


Remember, all people in the U.S., regardless of immigration status, have rights under the U.S. Constitution and other laws. Make sure you know your rights if you are approached by police or ICE.

  • You have the right to refuse consent for immigration or the police to search yourself, your car or your home.
  • You have the right to remain silent. If you want to exercise that right, you should say it out loud.
  • You have the right to call the consulate of your home country. Immigration and police must let your consulate visit or speak with you.
  • You have the right to speak to an attorney before answering any questions. You may say, “I will remain silent until I speak to an attorney.”
  • You have the right to refuse to sign documents you do not understand.
If you need help, call:

Catholic Charities Legal Assitance (CCLA) (312) 948-6821
National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) (312) 660-1370
Legal Assistance Foundation (LFA) (312) 422-1240

Additional Resources from our Partners:

Services provided by Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Legal Assistance (CCLA)

721 N. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60654

Phone: (312) 948-6821

Catholic Charities Legal Assistance (CCLA) provides legal services to low-income individuals who are not represented by a lawyer. Our telephone advice line assists clients who are representing themselves by advising them of their rights and responsibilities as well as how to navigate the legal process when necessary. CCLA also offers a variety of other legal services, including representation in a limited number of areas and advice desks for face to face consultations. Please see the “Services” section of this website for specific information.

Immigration and Naturalization Services

205 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: (312) 427-7078 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Evaluates and provides assistance to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents in the immigration process involving family reunification applications. Also assist in completing applications for extensions of visitor’s visas, religious workers, work permits, replacement/renewal of permanent residence cards, naturalization/citizenship, and inquiries for status of cases at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices, as well as, American embassies/consulates abroad. 

Immigration Services Fact Sheet

Additional locations:

Maryville Academy
1170 N. River Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60016
Phone: (312) 427-7078 from 2:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Days: Wednesdays

West Regional Office
1400 South Austin Blvd., Cicero, IL 60804
Phone: (708) 329-4031 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday

Melrose Park
1115 N. 23rd Ave., Melrose Park IL 60060
Phone: (312) 427-7078 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Days: Wednesdays

671 S. Lewis, Waukegan, IL 60085
Phone: (847) 782-4225 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.


En Español

   (back to English)

Servicios de Inmigración y  Naturalización


Todas las personas que viven en Estados Unidos, sean ciudadanos o no, cuentan con ciertos derechos bajo la Constitución de los Estados Unidos y otras leyes.
  • Tiene el derecho de rehusarse a dar consentimiento a inmigración o a la policía para que lo registren a usted, a su carro o a su casa.
  • Tiene derecho de permanecer en silencio. Si quiere ejercer ese derecho, debe decirlo en voz alta.
  • Tiene el derecho de hablar con un abogado antes de contestar cualquier pregunta. Puede decir, “Permaneceré en silencio hasta que hable con un abogado.”
  • Tiene derecho a llamar al consulado de su país de origen si es detenido por ICE o la policía. ICE y la policía debe permitirle a su consulado que le visite o hable con usted.

Si lo detienen llame a:
National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) (312) 660-1370
Legal Assistance Foundation (LFA) (312) 422-1240
Chicago Legal Clinic (773) 731-1762

Servicios proporcionados por Caridades Católicas

Servicios de Inmigración y Naturalización 

205 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60606
Teléfono: (312) 427-7078 de 2 p.m. a 4 p.m.

Evalúa y proporciona asistencia a los ciudadanos estadounidenses y residentes permanentes legales en el proceso de inmigración en relación a solicitudes de reunificación familiar. Ayuda a completar aplicaciones para extensiones de visas de visitante, trabajadores religiosos, permisos de trabajo, sustitución/renovación de tarjetas de residencia permanente, naturalización/ ciudadanía, y consultas del estado de los casos en las oficinas de los Servicios de Inmigración y Ciudadanía de los EE.UU. (USCIS, por sus siglas en inglés), así como en las embajadas/ consulados estadounidenses en el extranjero.   
Ubicaciones adicionales:

Academia Maryville
1170 N. River Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60016
Teléfono: (312) 427-7078 de 2:00 p.m. a 4 p.m. 
Días: miércoles 

Oficina Regional del Oeste
1400 South Austin Blvd., Cicero, IL 60804
Teléfono: (708) 329-4031 de 1:30 p.m. a 4 p.m. 
Días: lunes, martes, jueves, y viernes

Melrose Park
1115 N. 23rd Ave., Melrose Park, IL 60060
Teléfono: (312) 427-7078 de 1:30 p.m. a 4 p.m. 
Días: miércoles

671 S. Lewis, Waukegan, IL 60085
Teléfono: (847) 782-4225 de 1:30 p.m. a 4 p.m.

Related Services:

Ways to Change Lives


Phone: (312) 655-7525
721 N. LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60654